PTFE Lined Joints, Columns & Pipe
Acidic or corrosive media will eat away at unlined pipe while in transit from one process to the next, which can heighten safety risks and chip away at productivity. Safeguard your material conveying system with PTFE-lined pipe and PTFE Expansion Joints. PTFE, or polytetrafluoroethylene, is a synthetic fluoropolymer of tetrafluoroethylene. It acts as an effective barrier between media being moved the underlying steel pipe, protecting not only the conveying system but also people on the process floor. Additional advantages of PTFE-lined pipe include:
- The life of pipeline systems increases due to the absence of corrosion
- Improve working conditions, as leakage does not occur, and subsequent harmful gases and vapors do not evaporate in the atmosphere
- The cost incurred in maintenance, minimizing repairs and downtime
- A variety of chemicals can be used in a PTFE-lined system
- Maintains non-stick and high-purity characteristics
R&H Technical Sales works closely with SGL Carbon, a global leader in the design and manufacture of custom carbon equipment for the chemicals and process technology sectors, to obtain high-performance PTFE lined pipe or Expansion Joints for our customers. SGL Group manufactures POLYFLURON, a PTFE fluoropolymer that performs safely in harsh environments long after other plastic liners have reached their limits.
POLYFLURON liners are paste extruded using a proprietary manufacturing process. The compact structure of POLYFLURON leads to maximum corrosion protection thanks to low permeation and extraordinary mechanical strength. Other characteristics include:
- Diameter: seamless from DN 25 to DN 2500
- Length: from 100 to 6000 mm
- Full vacuum expansion joints up to 56”
Secure high-quality POLYFLURON-lined pipe or Expansion Joints for your application with assistance from R&H Technical Sales. We cut through the clutter and assist you in sourcing your equipment efficiently and cost-effectively.
Contact us today to see how we can assist you with your sourcing decisions.